Special Edition OnePlus Swiss Knife

 20201114_191854_0000.png


I was always fascinated by the working of the swiss knife. The number of purposes it serves compared to its size is truly fascinating. Unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to buy one. This year, OnePlus launched a new platform named privé which had a bunch of unique products. However, a striking red coloured never settle knife, grabbed my attention. Priced at ₹999 after the discount was a steal deal for me. Without a second thought, I placed an order for my very first swiss knife.



Unboxing
There is nothing extraordinary about this rectangular grey coloured box with an OnePlus logo on right and a Victorinox logo on left. There is a signature OnePlus red coloured label at the centre which had NEVER SETTLE EDITION written on it. On the side, there is the usual product information sticker. Oh, this is indeed made in Switzerland.


The product
Honestly, there is NO difference between Victorinox 1.3603 and the Never Settle edition except for a paint job and higher price. Is this a deal-breaker? Certainly not, but I did expect it to have something special just like other special OnePlus products.;)
DSCN2895-02.jpeg
The outer case is made up of glossy polycarbonate which scratches at level 2 with deeper grooves at level 3 🌚. The "only special" part about this knife is the OnePlus paint job. A white coloured OnePlus logo on one side and "Never Settle" on the other pretty much sums up this review. However, Victorinox swiss knife is much more than just a paint job and my following review will focus on the knife and not on the "OnePlus paint job".
IMG_20201114_155021.jpg
This swiss knife has overall 12 functions:
  1. A large blade.
  2. A small blade
  3. Bottle opener
  4. Can opener
  5. Large slotted screwdriver.
  6. Small slotted screwdriver.
  7. Wire stripper
  8. Corkscrew
  9. Tweezer
  10. Toothpick
  11. Reamer/punch
  12. Keyring
IMG_20201114_164523__01.jpg Honestly, I will not use all the blades unless I go for an adventure or hike but there is no wrong with having extra functionalities. The only major concern for me is, the blades are extremely tight for my liking. It's not wrong to be tight but currently, I have to use a plier to remove one blade.
IMG_20201114_164942-01.jpg

The story, however, is different once you unfold the blade successfully:p. The blade is extremely sharp and well build(is that worth mentioning? :rolleyes::p). I was cleaning the blade with a cloth and I didn't notice when the cloth was cut into two pieces:p(Don't tell my mother:oops:). Be careful while cleaning it. I have mostly used the large blade and the tweezer. The problem with the screwdriver is its slotted type. Most of the devices I use, have Phillips's head, so I didn't find it much useful for me. The toothpick is made up of plastic and not wood. The wire stripper is honestly an underrated element of this knife. However, it can be used to strip only certain wires with a specific width. There is nothing much to add to this review but one thing which I personally loved is the stainless steel blades.
IMG_20201114_165208-01.jpeg

Conclusion:
This knife is an amazing accessory for those who have a special liking for OnePlus. There is nothing extraordinary about the knife except the packaging, paint job and "Never Settle" mark. Have you already purchased this knife or thinking to buy one? Do let me know in the comments.

Post a Comment

0 Comments